Moderated by Karen Finch, CEO of Legally Yours, our panelists shared their experience and answered questions on the following:-
1. The types of business structures suited for the gig economy;
2. legal tips on what to watch out for when operating a gig economy style business;
3. what employees and employers need to look out for when operating or working for a gig economy style business; and
4. how the Fair Work Ombudsman interprets the employment laws and regulations around these types of businesses and the consequences for businesses if they don’t get it right!
Our Panellists were:-
– Anthony Curtin – Director/Partner at Merton Lawyers
– Luke Connolly – Director and Principal at Connolly Workplace Law
– Lynda McAlary-Smith – Executive Director Compliance & Enforcement with the Fair Work Ombudsman
– Rob Roy Rankin, Principal and Founder, Rankin Business Lawyers.
If you missed out on the event, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Watch the live feed of the event here!
Check out photographs from the event below!
Need quick legal advice on the gig economy from one of our fantastic panellists?
Head to our website at www.legallyyours.com.au and you can select a Quick Match call with either Anthony Curtin, Rob Rankin or Luke Connolly for a transparent and flat fee of $49. If, however, you are ready to engage our panellists for a specific legal service, then you can Request a Quote from them by clicking here.
This article does not constitute legal advice or a legal opinion on any matter discussed and, accordingly, it should not be relied upon. It should not be regarded as a comprehensive statement of the law and practice in this area. If you require any advice or information, please speak to practicing lawyer in your jurisdiction. No individual who is a member, partner, shareholder or consultant of, in or to any constituent part of Legally Yours Pty Ltd accepts or assumes responsibility, or has any liability, to any person in respect of this article.